The Wayne State University Marketing and Communications office is looking for a talented full time web designer to work in a fast paced team on high profile university web sites. This position will be a key member making design decisions and direction.
- Solid understanding of working with-and designing for-web applications.
- Able to prototype in Photoshop and other dynamic prototyping tools.
- Experience working on large-scale higher eduction websites.
- BA/BS or above in Graphic Design, Information Design, or other visual arts; strong technical background a plus.
- 3+ years experience designing web-based products for a consumer-oriented website.
- Ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationales, all within a user-centered design process.
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team, and present ideas and designs effectively.
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage work load, and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
- An effective problem solver who comes up with creative solutions and considers many alternative solutions to each problem.
- Fluent in HTML/CSS, or full knowledge of associated capabilities/limitations.
- Know or have an understanding of Flash/Actionscript and its capabilities/limitations.
Salary is $33,538-$40,245 plus benefit package, including tuition, health insurance and retirement benefits. For more information on how to apply and the full job description check http://jobs.wayne.edu/ and search for posting #035628.
No applications via email. The only way to apply is at http://jobs.wayne.edu/.