On Tuesday, February 10, 2009, from 6:00pm to 8:30pm, the Michigan Usability Professionals’ Association will host Introduction to Usability: An Interactive Discussion at Quicken Loans in Livonia, Michigan.
Interested in learning the basics and benefits of user-centered design and how to introduce it into your organization? This is the event you want to attend!
Mike Beasley, the president of the Michigan UPA, and Dave Mitropoulos-Rundus, owner and principal of UsableWorld, will lead the discussion. Learn about:
- What is usability? Can you touch it? Can you measure it?
- How can you incorporate it into your organization?
- “Usability,” “User Experience,” “Human Factors,” “Information Architecture?” What do these words and phrases mean?
- What can my website analytics tell me about the usability of my site?
- How can you use user tasks and goals to organize your website?
Food and networking begins at 6:00pm, program at 7:00pm.
The introduction to the basics of usability will be followed by a Q&A session. Audience members will set the agenda for this discussion through the questions you bring, so come prepared!
Location: Quicken Loans, 20255 Victor Parkway, Livonia, MI 48152 (map)
Directions: Exit 7 Mile East from I-275. North on Victors Parkway from 7 Mile. At the Quicken Loans building, enter main door, go to 3rd floor, meeting will be in the “Puerto Rico Room”
Cost: $10 for MIUPA members, $5 for full-time non-working students, $15 for all others
RSVP via email