Are you a web professional interested in learning more about the legal side of the freelance business? Join Refresh Detroit on February 17, from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at Wayne State University, for an interactive discussion led by an attorney who has provided web professionals in Michigan with legal services ranging from drafting contracts to organizing their businesses.
We encourage all web developers and business owners to join in the discussion with fellow attendees, so bring any insights or questions you have on the freelance business that you would like to talk about.
- Where: Wayne State University Law School, 471 W. Palmer Street, Detroit, MI 48202 (directions) Room 2103, The Distance Learning Room. (University map)
- Date: Tuesday, February 17
- Time: 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Cost: Free. The event is free, but should you choose to park at Wayne State, the cost is $3.50 for guests.
- Incorporation vs. sole proprietorship – What are the liability and taxation issues? What cost is involved? What are articles of incorporation?
- Proposals, contracts, statement of work (SOW) – What do they mean? Why should web professionals care?
- Non-compete clauses – Should you sign one? What are your rights?
- Breach of contract – How can you defend yourself, or collect on damages against you?
- Whatever issues you would like to talk about. Participation is encouraged!
Our Speaker: Mary Novrocki
Mary Novrocki is the sole attorney and owner of the Law Office of Mary Novrocki, P.L.L.C, in Plymouth Michigan. As a general practitioner of law, Mary has provided web professionals in Michigan with legal services for organizing businesses, contracts, statements of work, and other business related legal issues.
Please comment if you plan to attend. Thank you!