ForeSee in Ann Arbor, Michigan has a job opportunity for a Usability Auditor to conduct usability audit reviews aimed at improving the interface of websites to enhance the user experience.
The Usability Auditor participates in all phases of the usability audit review delivery process—from conducting in-depth usability audits to delivering results verbally and in written format to the client. Specialized training will be provided by ForeSee.
- Review satisfaction data and communicate with Satisfaction Research Analysts to determine area of focus for usability audit
- Conduct usability audits and write up expert usability evaluations.
- Conduct usability reviews of prototypes, including wireframes and requirements documents.
- Manage our proprietary usability audit database application.
- Conduct ad hoc research regarding usability principles and best practices.
- Act as internal resource regarding usability and the Usability Audit Review service.
- Be part of a great team of smart, friendly Usability professionals.
- Take part in “Extreme Snack Day” with enthusiasm rather than skepticism.
More information about the position can be found an the ForeSee website.
CIBER, a global information technology consulting, services and outsourcing company, is looking for team members to join their new Interactive Design Services team in Southfield, Michigan. There are several opportunities available for extreme creative designers, combination creative designer/developer, and information architect/usability/experience designers.
Here’s a short list of responsibilities and qualifications. For more details on the position, view the job description.
- Write both detailed-level technical and functional specifications and be the type of person who likes to research and stay abreast of latest technologies.
- Work within a collaborative cross-functional project team in an agile environment to design portals, applications and Web properties.
- Contribute to the user experience vision and strategy while following a user-centered design process and considering appropriate technology platforms.
- Discover and design new user experiences to drive the next generation of portals, applications and Web properties, including mobile.
- Design visually-stunning Web sites, portals and applications.
- Produce visual assets needed by development team.
- Create and refine low to high-fidelity design concepts for the information architecture, navigational models, process flows, page layout, information displays and interactional components based on user research.
- Create interactive design simulations using tools such as Axure, iRise and Visio.
- Minimum 4 years experience designing for Web, applications and mobile following user-centered design principles.
- Competent user of graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Competent user of information architecture tools such as Visio, Axure and iRise.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design methodology and human factors principles.
- Ability to understand and translate usability research findings into design solutions.
- Ability to define the architecture, navigation, user flows, experience and information/interaction designs that effectively and directly solve customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to define strategic and complex transactional interfaces that support the business and user needs while remaining within the bounds of the selected technologies.
To apply, send a copy of your resume to mikewilson AT ciber DOT com or call 309-530-0717.
The Wayne State University Marketing and Communications office is looking for a talented full time web designer to work in a fast paced team on high profile university web sites. This position will be a key member making design decisions and direction.
- Solid understanding of working with-and designing for-web applications.
- Able to prototype in Photoshop and other dynamic prototyping tools.
- Experience working on large-scale higher eduction websites.
- BA/BS or above in Graphic Design, Information Design, or other visual arts; strong technical background a plus.
- 3+ years experience designing web-based products for a consumer-oriented website.
- Ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationales, all within a user-centered design process.
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team, and present ideas and designs effectively.
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage work load, and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
- An effective problem solver who comes up with creative solutions and considers many alternative solutions to each problem.
- Fluent in HTML/CSS, or full knowledge of associated capabilities/limitations.
- Know or have an understanding of Flash/Actionscript and its capabilities/limitations.
Salary is $33,538-$40,245 plus benefit package, including tuition, health insurance and retirement benefits. For more information on how to apply and the full job description check http://jobs.wayne.edu/ and search for posting #035628.
No applications via email. The only way to apply is at http://jobs.wayne.edu/.